WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM MUSIC THERAPY?
Music therapy can be used with people of all ages and abilities both mental and physical, in a variety of settings; there are no restrictions.
There are thousands of people across the United Kingdom that are born and living with a wide range of challenges. Music can help break down barriers and facilitate an individual to literally ‘find a voice’ to express themselves.
Music therapy can be beneficial for:
- Premature babies
- Children and adults with additional needs (Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy) and development delay conditions
- Brain injury
- Sensory impairment
- Long term hospitalisation
- Parkinson’s Disease
- People who experienced trauma
Music therapy goals can be directed to:
- increase confidence
- reduce depression and anxiety
- improve social interaction and engagement with others
- help non-verbal people to express themselves
- improve motor skills, increase the range of motion
- increase speech, communication and language skills
- increase state of relaxation
- successful and safe self-expression
- enhanced auditory processing
- enhanced sensory-motor skills